()
04/23/14 11:12 AM
Re: White bass

I wana go

duko™
(member)
04/23/14 11:13 AM

if you cut those up into 1-inch cubes, add some salt, vegetable oil, and garlic in a jar, and then can it, they make great trapping bait come fall.

duko

halfasmuch
(action hero)
04/23/14 04:08 PM

may be trap bait but a hoot to catch !

rb.
(member)
04/24/14 12:39 PM

Hardest fighting fish around this area. If you get the red meat off they eat pretty darn good with some Andy's and hot oil.

halfasmuch
(action hero)
04/24/14 03:36 PM

and Beer...

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
04/24/14 04:37 PM

You can also try this:
Leave the red meat on. About 15 minutes before you want to cook them pour Sprite over the fillets til they are completely covered and put in a covered bowl in the fridge. Shake them a time or to make sure the Sprite gets to all of the meat. Pull them out and fry like normal. Not sure why but it works! It ain't crappie, but it ain't bad..

Deadeye
(member)
04/24/14 07:03 PM

and Beer...

flocked
()
04/24/14 08:01 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
You can also try this:
Leave the red meat on. About 15 minutes before you want to cook them pour Sprite over the fillets til they are completely covered and put in a covered bowl in the fridge. Shake them a time or to make sure the Sprite gets to all of the meat. Pull them out and fry like normal. Not sure why but it works! It ain't crappie, but it ain't bad..

who are you chiten there aint a sprite makes it past a mixed drink at the b ranch

rb.
(member)
04/24/14 08:31 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
You can also try this:

I have heard of the sprite trick but never tried it. I soak in saltwater over night before i freeze them. We are having some for dinner. Caught some good trout at taney yesterday.

fish
(senior member - literally)
04/24/14 09:51 PM

Hmmm.... Looks like you got some true stripers in that catch. The one in the front has no broken lines like the one bottom row second from the right.

Just an observation from somebody who did it for about 20+ yrs.

Whatever, trim the red meat out and you got some good eats baked or fried.

Now back to your regularly scheduled bashing...

Deadeye
(member)
04/24/14 11:21 PM

and Beer.....

rb.
(member)
04/25/14 10:49 AM

fish, we fried up a batch last night. Red trimmed and soaked in salt water. They were very good. Mild and flaky and no fishy taste. had some sweet tater fries with them....and yes beer.

DuckMeRunnin
(member)
04/25/14 08:16 PM

Try 'em slathered in barbecue sauce. There's nothin' better !

dabsAdministrator
()
04/26/14 01:10 AM

Wrapped in bacon

H2ODOG
(the one who never tires)
04/26/14 01:47 AM

with Beer

swampy
(stirrer of chit)
04/26/14 10:05 AM

I have eaten them without any issues with the red meat out. Some folks just cannot clean them properly or drink too much beer.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
04/26/14 02:58 PM

Quote:

swampy said:
I have eaten them without any issues with the red meat out. Some folks just cannot clean them properly or drink too much beer.

And beer

Deadeye
(member)
04/26/14 05:43 PM

I think I will go out to the Yeti and get a cold one.

redleg
(Enzyte - one a day!)
04/26/14 11:09 PM

That's what I want some fish that don't taste like fish and a beer
Anybody ever catch a fish that tastes like grilled ribeye???
That's the kinda fish I want anna beer.

rb.
(member)
04/27/14 06:58 PM

Quote:

DuckMeRunnin said:
Try 'em slathered in barbecue sauce. There's nothin' better !

That's not nice bro

hucklburry
(member)
04/28/14 12:19 AM

I always heard 2 hours soaking in 7-up, then treat em like crappie. I am guessing the sugar makes em taste better. Never had a big enough mess of them to matter, just filleted and in wif everything else. I'd love to have a limit of them right now.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5